Budget and Transparency Reporting
Section 209 (1) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each community college to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to its budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate with the community about how we use the resources provided to us.
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- A link to the most recent “Activities Classification Structure Manual for Michigan Community Colleges”.
- General Fund revenue and expenditure projection:
- Total general fund revenues: $104,000,000
- Total general fund expenditures: $104,000,000
- A listing of debt service obligations.
- Estimated costs resulting from the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:
The college estimates that in FY 2016-2017 it will incur $30,000 in costs resulting from the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Public Law 111-148, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, Public Law 111-152. This estimate includes required taxes and fees, as well as the administrative costs of required annual reporting to employees. The estimate excludes any potential increase in cost of benefits. At this time, we anticipate that no additional participants will be required to be covered under our employee health insurance plan.
- Links to all of the following for the community college:
- The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit.
- Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee of the community college.
- Audits and financial reports for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available.
- A copy of the board of trustees resolution regarding compliance with best practices for the local strategic value component described in section 230(3).
- Information regarding opportunities WCC provides for students to earn college credit while they are enrolled in high school, as required by Sec 209(5) of Public Act 94 of 1979:
- Joint Capital Outlay Subcommittee (JCOS) Use and Finance Reporting per Sec 238 of Public Act 431 of 1984, the Management and Budget Act.
- Five-Year Capital Outlay Plan per Sec 242 of Public Act 431 of 1984