Types of Classes
To meet your needs and schedule, WCC offers many types of classes. This page briefly describes each one and provides links to relevant classes.
- Traditional classes meet during the workweek, with starting times between 7:00am and 5:00pm.
- Evening classes start at 5:30pm or later, giving you the flexibility to work full time while also getting an education.
- Weekend classes typically meet for just a few hours on Saturday or Sunday, making them a great way to pursue an education if your workweek is already full.
- Extension site classes bring the classroom to you, providing opportunities in Brighton, Dexter, and Ypsilanti.
- Online Classes offer the ultimate in convenience by letting you learn where you want, when you want.
- Blended Classes reduce the amount of time you have to spend on campus because they combine classroom and online learning.
- LifeLong Learning classes, which are non-credit, help you do everything from exploring a hobby to meeting professional licensing requirements.
- GED classes help you prepare to take the GED test if you didn’t finish high school.
Save a trip to campus. Just fire up your computer webcam and microphone to talk to an advisor online.more »
Save time and gas: Get your books online through WCC’s Barnes & Noble Bookstore.more »
What Students Say About Online Classes
“My teacher posted his lectures and activities on Blackboard weekly, so I was able to complete all required class work and tests at my own leisure. Most importantly, I learned a ton in the course, and my excellent instructor was available by email around the clock.”—Wendy L., 48