Honors in the Liberal Arts
Thank you for your interest in Honors in the Liberal Arts at Washtenaw Community College. These pages are intended to provide you with an overview of the program and, we hope, answer questions you may have about Honors in the Liberal Arts. If you would like to discuss this program further or if you have any questions, please contact us; we’ll be happy to help.
Honors in the Liberal Arts was created for those seeking an enhanced academic experience. Honors courses are reading and writing intensive and emphasize the critical analysis of issues around the theme, “America in the World: Global Awareness & Diversity.”
Is This Program Right For Me?
The enhanced academic experience offered by Honors in the Liberal Arts at
- You enjoy reading and writing
- You’re intellectually curious and enjoy the world of ideas
- You’re interested in the opinions, views, and ideas of others
- You want to develop your critical thinking and analytical abilities
- You’re highly motivated and will seek transfer to a selective college or university
How Do I Apply?
If you are not currently a WCC student, you must first be admitted to WCC before beginning the application process to the Honors in the Liberal Arts program.
If you are a current WCC student, simply apply using the following application:Honors in the Liberal Arts Program Application Packet