Whether you’re a home gardener or a professional landscaper, obtaining the Organic Gardening Certificate will give you the knowledge and skills needed to establish and maintain vegetable and ornamental gardens organically.
To receive the certificate, you must take eight required classes, pass a final exam, and complete 20 hours of volunteer work. WCC partners with the Ann Arbor area’s Project Grow towards helping you earn the certificate.
The eight classes are:
- Organic Gardening: An Introduction
- Organic Gardening: Soils, Compost, and Organic Fertilizers
- Organic Vegetable Gardening
- Easy Organic Fruit Growing
- Landscaping with Native Plants
- Organic Pest and Disease Management
- Organic Weed Control
- Organic Lawn Care
For more information about the classes and to register, visit our website.