Looking for Spring/Summer classes? Visit our new website.
We’ve launched the new site to better serve you. New and returning students must create an account on the new system to register for classes. Create an account now.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience. If you have any questions call us at 734-677-5060.
Do you dream of riding a motorcycle on Michigan’s roadways? Completing either of two classes will help you obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license.
- Motorcycle Safety: Basic Rider Course is for non-riders or riders with limited experience.
- Motorcycle Safety: Performance Based is for experienced but unlicensed motorcyclists.
The classes use the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Basic Rider Course curriculum.
You’ll get to skip the state riding skills test if you successfully complete either class, which includes passing final written and riding skills tests. To obtain your motorcycle endorsement, you’ll just have to pass a knowledge test at a Secretary of State office after successfully completing your WCC class.
Attendance and required equipment
If you’re tardy, you will not be allowed in class. You must attend all class sessions and pass all written and riding skills tests to successfully complete the class.
Students in both classes must provide the following equipment:
- A long-sleeved shirt and long pants
- Sturdy over-the-ankle boots
- Full-fingered gloves
- Eye protection
- A motorcycle helmet approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Some loaner helmets are available for the basic rider class.
The instructor’s decision on the acceptability of student-provided equipment is final.
The Basic Rider Course textbook can be viewed online. Basic Rider Course students will receive a hard copy of the text at their first class session.
Special registration instructions
If the class you want is full, you have two options beyond those normally available:
- Add your name to the notification list by clicking the "email me" button in the section listing. Come early to WCC on the day of the class. If a registered student does not show up, you may be allowed to register. Precedence is determined by position on the notification list.
- Register for a motorcycle licensing class at another school or agency.
The motorcycle safety education classes offered by WCC are conducted with state funds from a motorcycle safety grant administered by the Michigan Department of State. Licensing fees paid by Michigan’s motorcyclists fund the grant.
Email if you have questions. Please put Motorcycle in the subject line.
No classes currently available (ordered alphabetically by class name)