Registration Starts Nov. 13 for Winter Semester 2014
Registration for WCC’s Winter Semester starts Wednesday, Nov. 13, for current and readmitted students. New students start registering the next day, on Thursday, Nov. 14.
A schedule of credit classes is available on WCC’s website. Winter Semester starts Jan. 13 and ends May 5.
Registration Times Are Staggered
Current and readmitted students have staggered registration times on Nov. 13. The times are based on the overall number of credit hours earned, either at WCC or through accepted transfer hours, through Spring/Summer Semester 2013:
- 45 hours or more: 8:00am
- 30 hours or more: 11:00am
- 15 hours or more: 1:00pm
- Less than 15 hours: 3:00pm
You’re a current student if you took classes at WCC in any semester from Winter 2012 to Fall 2013. You’re a readmitted student if you took classes more than two years ago and have reactivated your file by completing the online application again.
Registration for new students starts at 9:00am on Thursday, Nov. 14.
Online Tools Make Registration Easier
Students have several online tools to help them build their schedules through MyWCC, including:
- The WCC Schedule Planner lets you type in classes you want and block out times you’re unavailable, and then produces possible class schedules.
- The Graduation Audit Using DegreeWorks shows you which classes you still must take to earn a certificate or degree.
- The Course Prerequisite Check lets you check prerequisites for a class and, if you feel that you meet them, apply for a prerequisite override online.
Extended, New Hours Available
Starting Nov. 2, a number of WCC offices will be open extended hours to better serve students. They include the Student Connection, the Cashier’s Office, and offices that help with admissions, advising, financial aid, registration, and student records. The offices will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
In addition, all of those offices will provide services at the Student Connection during new Saturday hours from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
The Student Connection, which is the hub for all questions about WCC, is located on the second floor of the Student Center building, as are the other WCC offices. You also can reach the Student Connection at 734-973-3543 or email@example.com.