Register now for spring/summer and fall semesters
Classes are starting to fill up for the two semesters that are now open for registration at WCC: spring/summer and fall.
Class schedules for both semesters are available on WCC’s website.
Most classes for Spring/Summer Semester start the week of May 12. However, some begin May 27 and others June 24. Kathy Currie, director of student records, said the later-starting classes are specifically designed for two groups:
- High school students who want to get a jump start on college.
- Students at other colleges and universities who come home to Ann Arbor for the summer and want to pick up some credits.
Fall Semester starts Aug. 22 and ends Dec. 15. Although you can register for Fall Semester now, the first payment deadline isn’t until July 31.
Online tools make registration easier
Students have several online tools to help them build their schedules through MyWCC, including:
- The WCC Schedule Planner lets you type in classes you want and block out times you’re unavailable, and then produces possible class schedules.
- The Graduation Audit Using DegreeWorks shows you which classes you still must take to earn a certificate or degree.
- The Course Prerequisite Check lets you check prerequisites for a class and, if you feel that you meet them, apply for a prerequisite override.
Extended hours available
If you need help with registering, a number of WCC offices have recently extended their hours to better serve students. They include the Student Connection, the Cashier’s Office, and offices that help with admissions, advising, financial aid, registration, and student records. The offices are now open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
In addition, all of those offices now provide services at the Student Connection on Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
The Student Connection, which is the hub for all questions about WCC, is located on the second floor of the Student Center building, as are the other WCC offices. You also can reach the Student Connection at 734-973-3543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.