Words that can make you money
How to write a winning scholarship essay
Words That Can Make You Money is an upcoming presentation and workshop that shows people how to use their unique qualities to create a scholarship essay that makes them stand out from the crowd. It will be offered at the downtown Ann Arbor District Library on Tuesday, March 4, from 7-8:30 pm.
“We all have different backgrounds, life experiences, and aspirations. These are the things that make us unique,” explains Lori Trapp, WCC’s Director of Financial Aid.
This presentation shows people of all ages and walks of life how to effectively write about these unique aspects in their scholarship essays. Applicants will find out what reviewers are looking to see in their scholarship application, and get some ideas on how to present their background or experiences.
Words That Can Make You Money, presented by Brian Goedde of the WCC English Department, will help applicants learn how to present their best self. At the event, representatives from WCC and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation will share with participants:
- how to use your background to your advantage
- the “DOs and DON'Ts” in writing an essay
- how to refine your essay (bring a copy with you!) or how to get started writing an essay
Go to www.wccnet.edu/scholarships to see which WCC scholarship may be perfect for you. Then, attend Words That Can Make You Money to get insider tips so you can submit a winning application!
Words That Can Make You Money
- Tuesday, March 4, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Ann Arbor District Library Multi-Purpose Room: 343 S. Fifth Avenue, Ann Arbor.
- Open to students in Grade 9 and above, as well as adults.
- Attendance is free and no registration is required.
- For more information, contact WCC’s Student Connection (2nd floor Student Center Building / 734-973-3543).