News & EventsThursday, October 30, 2014
Filed under: job workshops
It's a fact: An education costs a lot more than it used to. At many colleges and universities, tuition rates keep rising as much as five percent a year or more.
Every month, employers reach out to the WCC Career Services department, looking for employee referrals. Ross Gordon, who oversees the department, said those discussions are what help keep the job search workshops that he provides free of charge for WCC students timely and relevant.
WCC invites military veterans to attend a Veterans Hiring Expo on Tuesday, Oct. 30, from noon to 4:00pm in the Morris Lawrence building. The event is free and open to veterans, their family members, WCC students and alumni, and the public.
Washtenaw Community College and the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center (MI-SBTDC) Greater Washtenaw Region are partnering with Google to help get local businesses online. The college is hosting a free workshop with Google experts on Wednesday, September 19 at 9:30am. Its goal: Provide small businesses and nonprofits with the online tools they need to drive Michigan’s economy.
Approximately 25 companies in technology-related businesses will be on hand at the Fall Technology Job Fair sponsored by WCC’s Career Planning and Employment Services department. The fair takes place on Tuesday, Oct. 18, from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the Morris Lawrence building. It’s free to all WCC students, alumni, and community members.
- All day The Clay Gallery: Expanding Edges
- 10:00am–1:30pm Spring Arbor University Visit
- 10:00am–1:00pm University of Michigan-Dearborn Visit
- noon–1:30pm Interview Skills Workshop
- noon–4:00pm Eastern Michigan University Visit
- 2:00pm–4:00pm Madonna University Visit
- 3:00pm–6:00pm Entrepreneurship Center Open House
- 4:00pm–5:00pm Book Club - Eat, Drink, Vote: an Illustrated Guide to Food Politics