There are no announcements today.
Get Money for College
There’s good news about financial aid: Money is available to help you pay for school.
Some of the money you have to pay back, and some of it you don’t. Some of it you earn by working on campus or off in a work-study job.
Financial aid comes in many forms:
About 40 percent of WCC students receive financial aid. In a typical year, WCC students get about $50 million in financial aid. Roughly half of that is loans, which you have to pay back, and half is aid that you don’t pay back: grants, scholarships, and work-study.
All students should apply for financial aid. Why? Because it isn’t always based just on income. Almost everyone at least qualifies for loans. Nonetheless, the amount of money you can receive is primarily based on your financial need.
Get More Information
This site offers lots of information about financial aid at WCC. Here are some of the key pages:
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Filling Out the FAFSA
- How to Avoid Financial Aid Problems
- Dates and Deadlines
The federal government, which provides much of the money that WCC students receive, offers details about its various financial aid programs at Student Aid on the Web. Some of the most useful federal publications include:
- “Do You Need Money For College? Federal Student Aid at a Glance,” a two-page overview of federal financial aid programs.
- “Funding Education Beyond High School: The Guide to Federal Student Aid,” a comprehensive look at the three types of aid the federal government provides: grants, loans, and work-study.
- “Myths About Financial Aid,” an examination of common misconceptions about financial aid.
Get Your Questions Answered
If you have questions about financial aid, WCC’s Financial Aid office is here to help you. You can receive assistance by:
- Visiting the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Calling 734-973-3523
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Sending a fax to 734-677-5281
The regular hours for the Financial Aid office are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm, Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. (On Saturdays, Financial Aid staff are located only at Student Connection. ) See Enrollment Services Hours for a list of days when hours are extended or shortened, as well as days when the office is closed for holidays.
Other Useful Information
Two other documents may be helpful to you:
- Consumer Information for Prospective and Current Students at WCC
- The Code of Conduct for WCC’s Financial Aid office
Additional Resources on How to Pay for College
Be sure to visit the CashCourse site for more information and resources on paying for college and making informed financial decisions throughout your college years and beyond.