There are no announcements today.
How Financial Aid Pays
Here’s how the process works:
- Your instructors must verify that you attend at least one of the first two sessions for each of your classes.
- If you want to use your financial aid in the WCC Bookstore, you must authorize the bookstore to receive some of your funds. To do so, go into MyWCC after logging into the WCC Gateway, click on the Financial Aid tab, and follow the path Bookstore Information/Barnes & Noble College Bookstore Transfer Authorization. You’ll then have a credit of $75 per credit hour in the WCC Bookstore, where you can use it to buy books and supplies. Check your bookstore spending limit on MyWCC during the published bookstore dates for the semester. If you have a spending limit, take your class schedule and WCC student ID card to the bookstore to buy your books.
- The money is credited to your account, or disbursed, at the WCC Cashier’s Office, which deducts costs such as tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
- If there’s still money remaining, you’ll receive a refund through direct deposit or a paper check.
There are two exceptions:
- If you receive work-study, you’ll be paid every two weeks.
- If you’re a new college student and receive a Direct Loan, federal regulations require that WCC wait until 30 days after classes begin to credit loan funds to your account.
Here are refund dates for the Winter Semester:
|Session(s)||Start date||Funds credited
|First refund date|
|15 weeks, first 5, 7½, 10, 12 weeks||January 11||January 28||February 4|
|Second 12 weeks||February 2||February 16||February 25|
|Second 5, 10 weeks||February 16||March 1||March 10|
|Second 7½ weeks||March 10||March 24||March 31|
|Third 5 weeks||March 29||April 12||April 21|
The Cashier’s Office processes refunds weekly. When you receive your refund depends on when your class(es) start.
If you’ve authorized the bookstore to receive some of your funds, that money is available in the bookstore between January 4 and January 26, 2016.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.