There are no announcements today.
Federal Pell Grants
The Pell Grant program is the foundation of federal student financial aid. You’re eligible for a grant if you have financial need as determined from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How much money you receive in a Pell Grant is based on three factors:
- Your Expected Family Contribution, as determined from your FAFSA
- Whether you attend school full time or part time
- Whether you attend school for a full academic year or less
Here are a few other things you should know about federal Pell Grants:
- Any other financial aid you might receive does not affect the amount of your Pell Grant.
- You can enroll in as little as half a credit hour and still receive a Pell Grant.
- You can only receive a Pell Grant for the equivalent of two full-time semesters each academic year.
- You can only receive a Pell Grant for the equivalent of 12 full-time semesters over your lifetime.
- Grants are not available to WCC students who have already received a bachelor’s degree.
- You must meet all eligibility requirements for financial aid.
- The maximum annual federal Pell Grant is $5,775.
If you qualify for a Pell Grant, WCC’s Financial Aid office will send an award letter to your student email account. The letter will list the grant amount.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.