Interested in Federal Work Study? Apply using the application located under the Forms link on the left side of the page. The application will be open until Work Study funds are exhausted.
Eligibility for Financial Aid
To qualify for federal financial aid and most other types of aid at WCC, you must meet some requirements. They include:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- You must have a valid Social Security number.
- You must register with the Selective Service System if you’re a male U.S. citizen between ages 18 and 25.
- You must have a high school diploma (not a high school certificate) or GED or have graduated from homeschool.
- You must meet WCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress standard.
- If you have a bachelor’s degree, you just qualify for student loans.
- You must show financial need on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you do not have need, you may still qualify for a student loan and certain scholarships.
- You must complete the process described on How to Apply for Financial Aid.
- You must be enrolled and working toward an associate degree or certificate in a program that has been approved for federal aid.
- You must not have attempted more than 30 credits of remedial classes.
- If you want to repeat a class, you must have taken it just once previously and received a grade of D- or better, Pass, or Satisfactory.
- If you receive an outside scholarship, you must report it to the Financial Aid office.
- You must not be receiving financial aid from another institution at the same time.
- You must not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan.
- You must use your financial aid for educational purposes.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.