There are no announcements today.
Eligibility for Financial Aid
To qualify for federal financial aid and most other types of aid at WCC, you must meet some requirements. They include:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- You must have a valid Social Security number.
- You must register with the Selective Service System if you’re a male U.S. citizen between ages 18 and 25.
- You must have a high school diploma (not a high school certificate) or GED or have graduated from homeschool.
- You must meet WCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress standard.
- If you have a bachelor’s degree, you just qualify for student loans.
- You must show financial need on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you do not have need, you may still qualify for a student loan and certain scholarships.
- You must complete the process described on How to Apply for Financial Aid.
- You must be enrolled and working toward an associate degree or certificate in a program that has been approved for federal aid.
- You must not have attempted more than 30 credits of remedial classes.
- If you want to repeat a class, you must have taken it just once previously and received a grade of D- or better, Pass, or Satisfactory.
- If you receive an outside scholarship, you must report it to the Financial Aid office.
- You must not be receiving financial aid from another institution at the same time.
- You must not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan.
- You must use your financial aid for educational purposes.