There are no announcements today.
WCC Foundation Scholarships
Each year, the WCC Foundation gives more than $500,000 in scholarships to over 1,000 students. High school seniors and current WCC students can apply. The Foundation awards scholarships based on a combination of financial need and merit.
The scholarship amount is based on the number of credit hours you plan to take during the semester:
- 12 hours or more: $800
- 9-11 hours: $600
- 6-8 hours: $400
- 1-5 hours: $200
The scholarship application deadlines are:
- June 10 for Fall Semester
- Oct. 10 for Winter Semester
- Feb. 10 for Spring/Summer Semester
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have at least a 2.0 grade point average in classes relevant to your area of study. You may be considered if you have less than a 2.0 GPA, but only with a recommendation from a WCC advisor or counselor. If you’re a new student, ask your instructor to forward your interim grades or submit your high school transcripts
You fill out the WCC Foundation Scholarship Application online. It requires a personal statement of 250 words or less. The statement should discuss your academic and career goals and any special circumstances that make you deserving of a scholarship. Before you fill out the application, you should write the statement and get it ready to cut and paste because you only have 30 minutes to complete the form.
You also must submit a letter of recommendation. An instructor, counselor, employer, or other professional who can address your ability to succeed at college should write the letter, which must be dated within the last year.
You’ll get instructions about how to submit the letter when you fill out the application. You must deliver the letter within five days of submitting the application. If you miss the deadline, your application won’t be considered.
You can receive the scholarship more than once, but you need to reapply each semester. The only exception is that you can apply for fall and winter semesters at the same time. To be considered for a scholarship renewal, you must complete at least 75 percent of your classes during the semester with a 2.0 GPA.