Interested in Federal Work Study? Apply using the application located under the Forms link on the left side of the page. The application will be open until Work Study funds are exhausted.
High School Excellence Scholarship
Each year WCC offers 50 scholarships worth $3,000 each to seniors at any high school in the world.
The High School Excellence Scholarship rewards excellence in any area. For example, you may excel in your classes, in school or community activities, at playing a sport, at being an artist, at helping your family, or at overcoming obstacles to achieving your dreams. Or you may excel in an area that’s unique to you.
Scholarship recipients get $1,500 each semester. If you receive a scholarship, you must take at least 12 credit hours at WCC each semester. And to receive the second half of the award for the Winter Semester, you must make progress on your program during Fall Semester.
The scholarship application deadline is Aug. 1 each year.
If you’ve already applied for the President’s Honor Scholarship and the Procassini Honor Scholarship, which are awarded to high school seniors in Washtenaw County, you’ll be automatically considered for the High School Excellence Scholarship. Otherwise, to apply for the scholarship you should follow these steps:
- If you haven’t already done so, fill out the free online application for admission to WCC. You must do this before applying for the scholarship.
- Next, set up your netID using information that WCC will send you in the mail.
- Fill out the High School Scholarship Application. A tip: Before filling out the form, you may wish to write the required statement of about 250 words so you can cut and paste it into the application. It should describe why you want to attend WCC, your college goals, and why you should receive a scholarship.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation and a copy of your high school transcript. You must deliver them to WCC’s Financial Aid office within one week of submitting your scholarship application.
The scholarship is not renewable.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.