Interested in Federal Work Study? Apply using the application located under the Forms link on the left side of the page. The application will be open until Work Study funds are exhausted.
High School Honor Scholarships
WCC offers two types of scholarships that are only available to local high school seniors: the President’s Honor Scholarship and the Procassini Honor Scholarship.
Both pay full tuition for two consecutive semesters (fall and winter). They also provide $300 for books each semester. If you receive a scholarship, you must take at least 12 credit hours at WCC each semester. And to receive the second half of the award for the Winter semester, you must make progress on your program during Fall Semester.
The scholarship application deadline is March 15 each year.
The scholarships have different selection criteria:
- WCC awards the President’s Honor Scholarship based on academic achievement. Applicants must have at least a 3.2 grade point average. Five students from each public high school in Washtenaw County receive scholarships.
- WCC awards the Procassini Honor Scholarship based on academic achievement and/or outstanding accomplishments in high school. One student from each public high school in Washtenaw County gets a scholarship.
To apply for the scholarships, follow these steps:
- If you haven’t already done so, fill out the free online application for admission to WCC. You must do this before applying for the scholarships. WCC recommends that you apply for admission by March 1 if you’re seeking a scholarship.
- Next, set up your netID using information that WCC will send you in the mail.
- Fill out the High School Scholarship Application just once to apply for both scholarships. A tip: Before filling out the form, you may wish to write the required statement of about 250 words so you can cut and paste it into the application. It should describe why you want to attend WCC, your college goals, and your activities and honors both in and out of school.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation and an official copy of your high school transcript. You must deliver them to WCC’s Financial Aid office within one week of submitting your scholarship application.
Both scholarships are renewable for a second year. To renew the President’s Honor Scholarship, you must complete at least 24 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA. To renew the Procassini Honor Scholarship, you must complete at least 24 credit hours with a 2.3 GPA.
WCC also offers the High School Excellence Scholarship, which is available to graduates of any high school in the world.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.