Interested in Federal Work Study? Apply using the application located under the Forms link on the left side of the page. The application will be open until Work Study funds are exhausted.
High School Scholarships
WCC offers three types of scholarships that are only available to graduating high school students: the President’s Honor Scholarship, the Procassini Honor Scholarship, and the Excellence Scholarship.
- If you graduated from a Washtenaw County public high school, apply by March 15 for the President’s and Procassini Honor Scholarships. If you do not receive either of these scholarships, you will still be considered for the Excellence Scholarship.
- If you did not attend public high school in Washtenaw County – or if you missed the March 15 application deadline – then apply by July 15 for the Excellence scholarship, open to students who have graduated from any high school.
President’s and Procassini Honor Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to six students from each Washtenaw County public high school.
These scholarships pay full tuition for two consecutive semesters (fall and winter). They also provide a $300 bookstore credit each semester.
If you receive a scholarship, you must take at least 12 credit hours at WCC each semester. To receive the second half of the award for the Winter semester, you must make progress on your program during Fall Semester.
The President’s and Procassini scholarships have different selection criteria:
- The President’s Honor Scholarship is based on academic achievement: applicants must have at least a 3.2 grade point average. Scholarships may be renewed for a second year if recipients complete at least 24 hours with a 3.0 GPA.
- The Procassini Honor Scholarship is based on academic achievement and/or outstanding accomplishments in high school. Scholarships may be renewed for a second year if recipients complete at least 24 credit hours with a 2.3 GPA.
Each year WCC offers Excellence Scholarships worth $3,000 ($1,500 each semester) to graduates of any high school.
This scholarship rewards excellence in any area. For example, you may excel in your classes, in school or community activities, playing a sport, being an artist, helping your family, at overcoming obstacles to achieving your dreams, or you may excel in an area that’s unique to you.
If you receive a scholarship, you must take at least 12 credit hours at WCC each semester. To receive the second half of the award for the Winter Semester, you must make progress on your program during Fall Semester. The Excellence scholarship is not renewable.
- Submit one application by March 15 to be considered for the President’s Honor Scholarship, the Procassini Honor Scholarship, and the Excellence Scholarship.
- If you did not graduate from a Washtenaw County high school or you missed the March 15 application deadline, apply by July 15 for the Excellence Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Steps
- Fill out the free online application for admission to WCC. Do it about 2 weeks before the scholarship application deadline to allow time to receive your WCC student information in the mail.
- Prepare a statement of about 250 words that describes why you want to attend WCC, your college goals, and your activities and honors both in and out of school. You will need this statement for your scholarship application.
- Once you receive a letter from WCC with your student information, set up your netID.
- Fill out the High School Scholarship Application just once to apply for all the scholarships on this web page. Paste your prepared essay into the application.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation and an official copy of your high school transcript. You must send them to WCC’s Financial Aid office within one week of submitting your scholarship application.
To check the status of your financial aid, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, Financial Aid, and then click on Check Your Financial Aid Status.log in »
Contact Financial Aid
To contact WCC’s Financial Aid office, you can:
- Visit the office on the second floor of the Student Center building
- Call 734-973-3523
- Send a fax to 734-677-5281
- Send an email to
The office’s normal hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.