Are you a current or prospective WCC student with a concern about the College that you can’t resolve? Would you like to discuss it in a safe environment? Then you need to visit the Ombudsman/Dean of Students Office.
The dean’s office will try to find a solution that’s fair and works for everyone. It can:
- Help resolve issues informally and formally
- Provide coaching to help you resolve the issue yourself
- Refer you to the proper WCC office to resolve your issue
- Explain a policy or procedure that’s affecting you so that you better understand your situation
- Offer information about how you can appeal College decisions
- Assist you in considering your options
The dean’s office also does the following:
- Reviews cases where students believe their MyWCC account or records have been accessed inappropriately
- Considers requests for refund exceptions where a student is ineligible under WCC’s refund policy but believes that exceptional circumstances should result in a refund of tuition and fees
- Enforces WCC’s policy that bans smoking anywhere on campus
- Reviews situations of alleged student misconduct
If you’d like to speak to someone in the dean’s office, it’s best to make an appointment. If you wish to file a formal complaint against the College, that paperwork must be submitted to the Ombudsman/Dean of Students Office.
If you live out of state and have a complaint about an online WCC class, there’s a special process for you to follow to get your concern resolved.
Available through the Ombudsman/Dean of Students Office SC 275
In order to promote a healthy work and learning environment, smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus.Smoke-Free Policy » Smoking Cessation »
- Main Campus 734-973-3300
- Student Connection 734-973-3543
- IT Help Desk 734-477-8724
- Counseling & Advising 734-677-5102
- Financial Aid 734-973-3523
- Safety & Security 734-973-3411
- Cashier's Office 734-973-7703