In support of our students and employees who are nursing mothers, a lactation room is available for use. The room offers a secure and private place for the mother to express milk for their nursing children.
To make arrangements to use the lactation room:
- Employees should contact Human Resources (HR) via phone at 734-973-3684, email, or in person in Business Education Building, room 120
- Students should contact the Student Resources Center (SRC) on the second floor of the Student Center building or via phone at 734-677-5105.
The lactation room is available for both day and evening hours.
Guidelines for using the Lactation Room
- The Lactation Room is located in the Crane Liberal Arts and Science Building.
- Space is available for one nursing mother. Room use will be scheduled by HR or the SRC based on request.
- You may access up to three times per day for approximately 15-20 minutes each visit. If additional time is needed, please discuss your individual needs with either the SRC or HR when you initially request to use the room.
- The Lactation Room is located in LA 230, within a suite that locks at 5:00 p.m. After 5:00 p.m., please call Campus Security (ext. 3411) to open the room using the phone across from Lactation Room Suite.
- The room may only be used for its intended use. It may not be used as a study room, gathering space, or lounge.
- Other individuals and acquaintances are not permitted in the room.
In order to promote a healthy work and learning environment, smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus.Smoke-Free Policy » Smoking Cessation »
- Main Campus 734-973-3300
- Student Connection 734-973-3543
- IT Help Desk 734-477-8724
- Counseling & Advising 734-677-5102
- Financial Aid 734-973-3523
- Safety & Security 734-973-3411
- Cashier's Office 734-973-7703