How M-POD Works
The M-POD program was developed jointly by Washtenaw Community College and the University of Michigan with the goal of helping WCCscholars attain their educational goals. The program does not guarantee admission to UM; however, students who attend WCCand meet specific transfer requirements would be competitive for admission to one of the eleven participating UM schools and colleges.
Many WCCstudents who thought that UM was "out of reach" have made a successful transfer!
Who Can Participate?
Any student planning to attend WCC and then transfer to the University of Michigan and who would like academic advising, is eligible to take part in the program.
Under the terms of the program, the University of Michigan's Office of Undergraduate Admissions in Ann Arbor will consider students for transfer admission to one of eleven schools or colleges listed below, once they fulfill the following requirements:
- Earn an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better while attending WCC; however, admission is highly competitive (average GPA for community college transfers is 3.7).
- Successfully complete all courses specified in the WCC Transfer Guide (See Alexandra McCracken at WCC, Room SC206D for details)
- Successfully complete all prerequisite courses established by the UM school or college in which they intend to enroll.
- Submit a formal application and any necessary supporting materials to the University of Michigan's Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the application deadline. Applications must be received while spaces are still available for the intended term of enrollment.
Which schools and colleges at U of M are involved? Click on the link below to explore the UM website that is appropriate to your area of study
- A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning
- School of Art and Design
- School of Dentistry Dental Hygiene Program
- School of Education
- College of Engineering
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Kinesiology Program
- College of Literature, Science and the Arts
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy