This page provides the essentials you need to apply for admission to WCC. For details on the complete rules on admissions, refer to the Board of Trustees Admissions Policy.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you would benefit from the College's classes, and:
- You are at least 18 years old or
- You are under 18 years old but have a high school diploma or GED certificate or
- You are under 18 years old and still attending High School.
Non-credit classes: You do not need to apply for admission to take a non-credit class. Visit the Economic & Community Development website.
How do I apply?
To apply, just follow these steps:
- Submit an online application for admission. It's free.
- WCC will notify you (usually within two business days), then you'll go through Online Orientation and after that, In-Person Orientation.
- Log in to MyWCC to view and complete any remaining items on your “Applicant Checklist”.
- Take COMPASS, the Placement Test offered at the WCC Testing Center, or submit ACT or SAT scores to Student Connection.
- See if any additional admission requirements apply to you and, if so, complete them.
Visit Steps to Take Credit Classes at WCC for an overview of the entire process required to take credit classes.
When Should I Apply?
You should submit your online application for admission by the following deadlines so that you can get the best selection of classes through early registration.
- New applicants and former students are strongly encouraged to submit their application for admission several weeks before their class session begins, to allow time to complete the admission requirements. For the best choice of classes, apply several weeks before registration begins.
- Former Students: If you want to take Winter 2014 classes, you must apply to be readmitted if you have not taken classes since Fall 2011 semester. If you want to take Spring/Summer or Fall 2014 classes, you must apply to be readmitted if you haven't taken classes since Winter 2012 semester.
- International (F-1 Visa) Students: July 15 for Fall semester, and all admission requirements must be met (required deadline). For Winter semester, all required admission deadlines must be met by November 15. Note that the College only admits new F-1 Visa students for Fall and Winter semesters. Guest F1 students who are attending another U.S. institution but coming to WCC for a few classes are welcome to apply for Spring/Summer semester.
Additional Admission Requirements
Certain categories of applicants must complete requirements in addition to submitting an online application for admission. Visit the admissions requirements web page for details.
- Emeritus students
- Guest students from other colleges
- Health occupation students (admission and waitlist process for high demand programs (PDF)
- High school students
- Home school students
- International students
- Minor students
- Transfer students
- View the Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us online
- Call the Student Connection at 734-973-3543
- Ask in person at the Student Connection on the second floor of the Student Center building
Please see the Enrollment Services Hours page for hours when the Admissions Office is open.