Enrollment Steps for New Students with Earned College Credit Elsewhere
If you’re a first-time student at WCC, you’re considered a new student with Earned College Credit. To enroll, simply complete these six steps:
- Apply for admission to WCC online. It's quick and it's free. We'll send you an email when we receive your application, and another one with your student ID and next steps. If you'd rather apply in person, visit the Student Connection on the second floor of the Student Center building.
- Set up your netID account. This lets you access all online services at WCC.
- Complete your Application Checklist. To view it, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, and click on My Checklist. Click on an item to get instructions for completing it. You must complete all items in your checklist before you are admitted and can register for classes.
- Make sure you meet the course pre-requisites: Go to MyWCC, click on Student Services, then Registration, then Course prerequisite Check to see if you meet the prerequisites of the course you want. If you don't, you'll be blocked from registering for it.
- Bring your transcript to demonstrate what you've learned: If the Course Prerequisite Check says you don't qualify to register for a particular course but your high school or college transcript demonstrates your background, bring it to Student Connection for review. You'll still need to meet any Academic Level listed for the course.
- Register for classes. Check the class schedule to see what classes WCC is offering. Then click on the Student Services tab in MyWCC to register for the classes you've chosen. Finally, pay your tuition (or enroll in the ePayPlan), buy your books, and you're all set for your first class!
Visit the Student Connection on the second floor of the Student Center building, call us at 734-973-3543, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular hours for the office are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm, Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Office hours are modified during certain times of the year.