Washtenaw Community College hosts two Honors Convocations each year to recognize students who have achieved High Honors on the Dean’s List. The Winter Convocation takes place in January and the Spring Convocation takes place in May. The Convocations take place in the Morris Lawrence Building. Students should check their WCC email a few weeks before the ceremonies in January or May as eligible participants will receive an email invitation.
What should honorees expect at the convocations?
- This is a special ceremony. Honorees will check in and be seated in the honoree seating area. Family and friends will be seated separately.
- There is not a dress code, but business casual attire would be appropriate.
- Representatives of the college (such as the President of the college, a Dean, and a representative from the Board of Trustees) will speak at the ceremony.
- Honorees will be individually recognized by walking across the stage to receive their certificate.
- Light refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
The Spring Convocation scheduled for May 19, 2016 will honor:
- Graduate Candidates for May, June, or August 2016 who are receiving Honors (GPA of 3.5 to 3.79) or High Honors (GPA of 3.8 to 4.0).
- Full-Time Winter 2015 High Honors Students
- Students receiving Special Awards at certain competitive events
Questions about Honors Convocation? Contact Jennifer Nakhleh at 734-677-5123 or .
You should turn in the graduation application four months before registering for your last semester of classes.more »