Washtenaw Community College hosts two Honors Convocations each year to recognize students who have achieved High Honors on the Dean’s List. The Winter Convocation takes place in January and the Spring Convocation takes place in May. The Convocations take place in the Morris Lawrence Building. Students should check their WCC email a few weeks before the ceremonies in January or May as eligible participants will receive an email invitation.
What should honorees expect at the convocations?
- This is a special ceremony. Honorees will check in and be seated in the honoree seating area. Family and friends will be seated separately.
- There is not a dress code, but business casual attire would be appropriate.
- Representatives of the college (such as the President of the college, a Dean, and a representative from the Board of Trustees) will speak at the ceremony.
- Honorees will be individually recognized by walking across the stage to receive their certificate.
- Light refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
The Winter Convocation scheduled for January 26, 2017 will honor:
- Part-time students who have earned less than twelve (12) credits in any one semester and earned fifteen (15) credits or more over a three (3) semester period;
- Students must have a grade point average of 3.8 or higher for the two (2) or three (3) semesters, i.e. and
- Students must have accomplished the above in one of the following three (3) semester periods:
- Winter 2015, Spring/Summer 2015, Fall 2015
- Spring/Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2016
- Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring/Summer 2016
All Honors (3.5 to 3.79) and High Honors (3.8 to 4.0) Graduate Candidates (Fall ‘16)
Questions about Honors Convocation? Contact Jennifer Nakhleh at 734-677-5123 or email
You should turn in the graduation application four months before registering for your last semester of classes.more »