To help you get ready for college, WCC provides several orientation options to help meet student’s specific needs. During these learning experiences, students will:
- Learn about academic planning tools and how to register for classes
- Become familiar with WCC's resources
- Get tips for succeeding in college
- Meet with current students who know how to navigate the college experience
Before you begin online orientation or other orientation option, you must submit an online application for admission and be notified that it has been accepted.
Who Must Complete Orientation?
All applicants are required to complete online orientation except English as a Second Language (ESL) students. All new students also must attend an in-person orientation option unless you're exempt. You qualify for an exemption if you have any of the following:
- Official documentation that you've completed at least 15 credit hours at an accredited U.S. college with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Official documentation that you've completed a bachelor's or graduate degree from an approved English-speaking college
- Documentation that you're an approved apprentice from Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Visteon, or another company
- A valid guest student application from your home institution
To find out if you need to attend an orientation session, log in to MyWCC and review your Application Checklist. Students should register for the day they would like to attend in their MyWCC. If you're exempt, you're encouraged but not required to attend.
It is suggested that students complete all checklist items prior to attending orientation. Additionally, bring the following with you to the session:
- Photo ID
- Questions you may have about registering for classes, student life, or other subjects
Please note these sessions are designed for students only.
If you need accommodations for a disability, contact Disability Services at 734-973-3342 or stop by Room LA 104 in the Crane Liberal Arts and Science Building to make arrangements. You must make arrangements at least two weeks prior to attending your session.
If you need technical assistance with online orientation, please contact the Help Desk at 734-973-3456 and press 2 for the Blackboard Help Desk.
For questions about Connect Sessions or other online orientation questions, please contact:
Manager of New Student Programming