COMPASS and COMPASS ESL Preparation
You may be able to improve your COMPASS or COMPASS ESL scores by doing some simple preparation before taking the placement tests.
The following links will take you to information and practice questions that will help you prepare to take COMPASS:
- Sample COMPASS questions for mathematics, reading, and writing (not a WCC website)
- Consider reviewing several sample questions for Compass reading, writing and math in LearningExpress Library. Then select College Center and then Prepare for College Placement Exams on the site. (Students who had created their personal accounts in the old version of Learning Express will need to re-create new personal accounts in the new version.)
- Consider reviewing any or all of the following pages in preparation for each of our math courses indicated:
- Consider reviewing a video collection of tutorials for math problems involving whole numbers through linear functions.
- Writing Skills Tutorials
- Diagnostic Grammar Test
- Verb Tense
- Modifier Exercise
- An Introduction to Commas
- Colons and Semicolons as Linking Punctuation
- Capitalization: Simplified Rules
- Usage and Easily Confused Words
- Homonyms: To, Too, Two
- Wear, Were, We're, Where
- The Apostrophe: Possessives
- Subject-Verb Agreement
COMPASS ESL Preparation
The following links will take you to information and practice questions that will help you prepare to take COMPASS ESL:
Students with disability-related or accommodation needs should contact Learning Support Services at 734-973-3342.