Three categories of tuition discount are available:
- Scholarship for Out-of-District Students
- Work In-District
- Property In-District
Scholarship for Out-of-District Students
If you are an out-of-district student who registers for a class that is held at the Brighton or Hartland Extension Centers, you will automatically receive $20 off each credit hour for your class(es) at those locations, and it will be applied to your account as soon as you register. You will not receive the $20 discount if you already have the Work In-District or Property In-District rate.
If you work at least 30 hours a week in Washtenaw County for one or more employers (who are physically located in Washtenaw County), you may be eligible for a lower tuition rate.
To apply for the work in-district rate, submit the following to the College:
- Four months of your most recent pay stubs (must be immediately prior to the date you submit your request). Your name, the business name, and the number of hours worked (or gross pay amount) must be on all pay stubs.
- A copy of the authorization that your employer provides to the Washtenaw Community College Cashier, if the employer is paying the College directly for your educational expenses.
To apply for the Work in District rate, please fill out the Application for Work In-District Tuition Rate.
If your residency status is not in-district but you own and reside in property in Washtenaw County, you may be eligible for a lower tuition rate. To apply for the property in-district rate, submit the following to the College:
- Copies of one of the following documents that demonstrate your ownership such as:
- Fully-executed deed
- Property Tax statement
- Copy of e-washtenaw Property Parcel page for your property
- Land contract
- Documents not accepted:
- Mortgage papers
- Closing statements
- Home insurance papers
- Any papers that do not clearly indicate your ownership (even if you have a financial obligation for the property)
Please attach a marriage license if you are a spouse of a property owner, and if you are an IRS dependent residing with a property owner, please provide tax documents that corroborate your status.
To apply for the Property in District rate, please fill out the Application For Property In-District Tuition Rate.