Board of Trustees
6035 - External Use of College Facilities
General Policy Statement
The College's mission statement states: "We are in partnership with the community we serve." To help in fulfilling this mission, the College is committed to offer external groups the use of College facilities whenever appropriate.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a clear statement of the ways in which external groups may utilize College facilities including priorities of use, vendors, and services.
- The College will make available designated facilities to internal and external organizations for activities which are primarily charitable or educational and will benefit the College and the community.
- The College reserves the right to accept or reject any request for use of facilities. Considerations for use include the following:
- Availability of facilities and services
- Federal, State, local, and College regulations
- Alignment with College mission and purpose
- Insurance requirements
- Personnel and support services requirements
- Available equipment and supplies
- Efficient use of space
- Financial impact
- The President, or his/her designee, working with administrators responsible for facilities, will establish designated areas for use by external groups.
- Scheduling of these designated facilities shall use the following priorities:
- External groups paying a fee for use
- Other groups
Efficient use of College facilities by giving access to external groups to benefit the College and the community.
- Facilities rental fee policy
- Food vendor policy
- Use of alcoholic beverages
- Indoor firearms range policies
- Smoking policy
- Student conduct
- Conduct and compliance
Adopted : June 26, 1990
Revised: October 28, 1997
Administrative Review: May 2002
Our main campus is located at 4800 E. Huron River Drive in Ann Arbor. Get directions to it and our other locations by clicking the map.