Michigan New Jobs Training Program at WCC
Is your company looking to expand your business and add new hires? Would you like assistance in training new employees? WCC and the State of Michigan can help!
WCC can provide your business with a variety of training and development needs –– and the Michigan New Jobs Training Program (MNJTP) can help offset those costs. The MNJTP provides state assistance to fund training for newly created positions in most industries.
The MNJTP can pay for any direct training expenses, including:
- Basic adult education
- Job-related instruction
- Skills assessment
- Training equipment, materials and supplies
- Customized training services by WCC
- Testing and evaluation of employees
- Reimbursement for travel costs for employees or company trainers
- College tuition, books and fees
- Services of a private trainer
Your company is eligible if:
- You will be hiring new full-time, permanent positions for a new or expanding business located in Michigan
- The new positions are not related to recalling laid off or replacement workers
- The new positions are ones that did not exist within the previous 12 months at your business
- The new positions pay at least 175% of the state minimum wage (at least $12.95 an hour)
If your new position fits these criteria, simply fill out this preliminary inquiry form or email to or call at at 734-973-3681 to learn more about how we can partner with you to provide top training for your expanding business.