April 2, 2020 Washtenaw Community College
Summer semester has always been a great time for you to catch up, stay on track or get ahead of your academic goals. WCC faculty and staff have been working hard to provide you with the best academic experience during these uncertain times.
This summer we have enhanced our online learning experience to provide you with flexibility to meet your needs. We have expanded WCC Online to include traditional courses which have been adapted to online learning formats.
WCC continues to be the leader in online learning, offering both quality instruction and affordability. We are committed to seeing you succeed.
This summer, don’t let anything hold you back from continuing your momentum!
Washtenaw Community College is the #1 Online community college in Michigan.
Two Online Academic Learning Formats
Courses are accessible online 24/7, so you can learn during lunch breaks, when the kids are asleep, or any time that’s best for you.
Virtual classroom experiences are unique in design to allow students to engage in traditional class discussion in a virtual environment. Classes are scheduled at set times, just like in-person courses. Depending on your learning style, you may prefer this structured approach to on-demand courses.
No matter your preferred learning style, WCC Online has options to help you succeed.
Take a Peek into WCC Online Learning
Taking online courses is different from a traditional classroom setting, but if you’re motivated and focused on your goal, you’ll do just fine!
Summer 2020 Semester Sessions
May 8, 2020
May 26, 2020
June 23, 2020
Payment Options for Summer 2020
To demonstrate our commitment to helping students meet their educational goals, we have changed our payment plan for Summer 2020:
- No payment deadlines until after the start of your classes
- $25 enrollment fee waived for students who participate in a payment plan
- Flexible payment plans with $0 down
- Students will not be dropped from classes if they are attending
It's not too late to apply for financial aid. If you are a student who may have recently lost their job as a result of COVID-19, please complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to www.fafsa.gov to get started.
For more payment options, visit Pay Your Tuition.
Support and Resources
Get academic advising and career planning help with WCC’s virtual advisors.
If you’re a first-year student in need of assistance, your success coach will provide personal, holistic support throughout your first academic year. They may also be able to provide you with available community resources. Learn more about First-Year Success Coaching.
Minimal requirements for taking course online:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (7 or higher)
- 4GB RAM (8GB RAM or more is highly recommended)
- Screen resolution set to 1280x1024
- Broadband/high-speed internet access speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam: Any of the following are acceptable:
- Embedded computer webcam
- External mounted webcam
- Smartphone or tablet with camera
Note: For smartphone or tablet: downloading apps such as GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Teams may be necessary
- Nearly all online coursework can be completed using a Chromebook
- Some specific programs may need a full Windows or Macintosh computer, such as computer science
- Our virtual proctoring service requires a Windows or Macintosh computer, however,
students can visit a local testing center* to complete exams
* Note: WCC's Testing Center will not be available while Michigan's Stay-at-Home order is enforced.
Additional remote learning resources are available to students.
Ranked #1 Community College in Michigan by schools.com
Ranked among the Top 10 Best Online Colleges in Michigan by Best Value Schools.
Ranked among the 50 Best Community Colleges in the country by AC Online.