Associate in Applied Science
In this associate degree program, students will learn about the latest desktop, server
and networking technologies. This program has a core of hardware, operating system,
networking, and scripting courses that all students must complete. In addition to
these common core subjects, students will select a specialized track in one of the
following areas, each of which has its own Associated Certificate Program
- Local and Wide Area Networking
- Microsoft Network Operating Systems (Server and Client)
- Linux Network Operating Systems
The program also prepares students
- who want the foundation skills necessary to obtain an entry level job in computer
systems and/or networking fields
- who want to transfer to a bachelor of science degree program at Eastern Michigan or
other four year universities.
- Earn this Associate Degree in two years.
- Use the APCSN Associate Degree for a direct transfer to Eastern Michigan University’s
Technology Management Program where they will further their skills in computer systems
- Use the APCSN Associate Degree for transfer to other four year institutions.
- Completion of the Computer Systems Technology (CTCSTC) Certificate
- Completion of one the Certificates associated with the four areas listed above.
- Completion of the General Education requirements.
Admission Requirements for Eastern Michigan
Check with an advisor for information on transferring. For details, see EMU Technology
This is a high demand, high skill and high wage program as defined by the Michigan Community College Network.