This Cisco Networking Academy program prepares students for a job as a network technician
where they will install, configure, and troubleshoot Local Area Networks under the
supervision of a network administrator. The focus is placed on cabling systems, internetworking
hardware, and network and internetworking protocols, both LAN and WAN. This program
also gives the students a strong foundation in their preparation for passing the Cisco
Certified Network Associate Examination.
The four main areas of this program are:
- Introduction to Networks
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks
The program is structured for students who:
- desire a foundation in the concepts leading to the Cisco Certified Network Associate
- are already certified and want to enhance their knowledge with the latest in Networking
hardware, (Routers and Switches) and their associated operating systems.
- want the foundation skills necessary to obtain an entry level job in the Networking
- want to obtain the Associate Degree (APCSN) associated with this program and additionally,
if desired, transfer to a four year school.
- Earn this advanced certificate in two semesters.
- Work towards the Associate Degree (APCSN) of which this certificate is part of.
- Use the APCSN Associate Degree for a direct transfer to Eastern Michigan’s Technology
Completion of the Computer Systems Technology (CTCSTC) is recommended for those limited experience with Computer Hardware, Operating Systems,
This is a high demand, high skill and high wage program as defined by the Michigan Community College Network.