This advanced certificate program lays a foundation in preparation for a profession
as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows Servers and Windows
Clients. Students will install, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Client/Server
Networks. The program is designed to deploy and manage the latest versions of Windows
Server and Client Workstations in simulated real-life situations. The student will
learn the techniques for:
- Administering, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting of Active Directory
- Implementing various Network Services such as Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Routing
- Managing multiple storage techniques using physical and virtual machines,
All Server configured policies, etc. are fully tested using Client Workstations to
insure they are implemented, just as in a real business environment.
The program is structured for students who:
- desire a foundation in the concepts leading to the MCSA certification.
- are already certified and want to enhance their knowledge with the latest in operating
system’s new features and enhancements.
- want to obtain the Associate Degree (APCSN) associated with this program and additionally,
if desired, transfer to a four year school.
- want the foundation skills necessary to obtain an entry level job in the networking
- may just want to learn how to effectively implement these Server/Workstation technologies.
- Earn this advanced certificate in two semesters.
- Work towards the Associate Degree (APCSN) of which this certificate is part of.
- Use the APCSN Associate Degree for transfer to Eastern Michigan’s Technology Management
Completion of the Computer Systems Technology (CTCSTC) is recommended for those limited experience with Computer Hardware, Operating Systems,
This is a high demand, high skill and high wage program as defined by the Michigan Community College Network.