Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement (APCJLE)
Associate in Applied Science Degree
This program prepares students for certification to work in law enforcement jobs in the State of Michigan. Students must complete the academic program prior to entering the Police Academy component of the program.
Eastern Michigan University, BS degree.
Copies can be obtained from the Counseling Office, a program advisor, or from the Curriculum and Assessment Office Web site: Articulation Agreements.
- Admission to the Police Academy component of this program (CJT 229A and CJT 229B) is based on passing reading, writing, and physical activity examinations as well as fingerprinting and criminal history checks. Students are admitted to the program based on the priorities established by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Students who do not enter the academy may complete the Criminal Justice Associate in Arts Degree instead of the Criminal Justice Law Enforcement Associate in Applied Science Degree, and will not be certified for employment.
- Students admitted to the Police Academy are required to purchase gym clothes, khaki uniforms, textbooks, and other supplies.
- Academy students are required to adhere to additional rules of behavior and discipline beyond the general code of conduct.
- Adv Tech/Public Serv Careers
- Public Services Careers Dept
- Ruth Walsh
Julie N. (Niki) Lee
(Items marked with an icon are available online.)
- Total Credits Required
It is recommended that students take one or two semesters of Spanish in addition to program requirements.