To be eligible for graduation with an associate degree from Washtenaw Community College you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Fulfill all prescribed course and credit hour requirements of your specific curriculum. (See Programs of Study Section for specific requirements.) A minimum of 60 credits is required for a degree. Courses numbered below 100 do not count toward degree completion.
- Complete a minimum of 15 residence credits (Washtenaw Community College credits) toward completion of each degree pursued. Credit for prior learning, including credit by exam and transfer credit, may not be used as residence credit.
- Complete the General Education Requirements as specified for the type of degree for which you are applying. See General Education Requirements in the Curriculum section for details.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and if applicable, any minimum GPA specified in your program.
- Meet all financial and library obligations to the College.
- File an Application for Graduation form. (See Application for Graduation.)
- To be eligible for a second associate degree, students must complete 15 additional credit hours that are different from the credits used to complete their first associate degree. Students must meet all degree requirements for the program they plan to complete.