Washtenaw Community College hosts two Honors Convocations each year to recognize students who have achieved High Honors on the Dean's List. Students should check their WCC email 7-10 days before the ceremony in January or May, as eligible participants will receive an email invitation.
The Winter Convocation, scheduled for January 28, 2021 will honor:
- All full-time (12 credits or more) Fall 2020 students receiving High Honors (GPA 3.8 and above)
- All Honors (GPA 3.5 to 3.79) and High Honors (GPA 3.8 to 4.0) Graduate Candidates for December 2020
- All part-time (minimum of fifteen 15 credits over three specific semesters) students receiving High Honors (GPA 3.8 and above).
The Spring Convocation, scheduled for May 20, 2021 will honor:
- All full time (12 credits or more) Winter 2021 students (GPA 3.8 and above)
- All Honors (GPA 3.5 to 3.79) and High Honors (GPA 3.8 to 4.0) Graduate Candidates for May 2021, June 2021, and August 2021
Note: Students must have a grade point average of 3.8 or higher for any of the three specific semesters. "P" and "S" grades are not used in the GPA calculation
What should honorees expect at the convocations?
- The Winter Convocation will be held virtually.
- Representatives of the college (such as the President of the college and a student speaker) will speak at the virtual ceremony.
- Honorees will have an opportunity to have a photo taken over Zoom in advance to be included in the virtual celebration.