Washtenaw Community College hosts two Honors Convocations each year to recognize students who have achieved High Honors on the Dean's List. The Winter Convocation takes place in January and the Spring Convocation takes place in May. The Convocations take place in the Morris Lawrence Building. Students should check their WCC email 7-10 days before the ceremony in January or May, as eligible participants will receive an email invitation.
PLEASE NOTE: For 2021 there will be two Honors Convocation events for both Part Time
and Full Time students on Thursday, January 28 and Thursday, May 20.
What should honorees expect at the convocations?
- This is a special ceremony. Honorees will check in and be seated in the honoree seating area. Family and friends will be seated separately.
- Business casual attire would be appropriate.
- Representatives of the college (such as the President of the college, a Dean, and a representative from the Board of Trustees as well as a student speaker) will speak at the ceremony.
- Honorees will be individually recognized by walking across the stage to receive their certificate.
- Light refreshments will be served after the ceremony.
The Spring Convocation, scheduled for May 20, 2021 will honor:
- All full time (12 credits or more) Winter 2021 students (GPA 3.8 and above)
- All Honors ( GPA 3.5 to 3.79) and High Honors (GPA 3.8 to 4.0) Graduate Candidates (May 2021, June 2021 and August 2021)
Part-time High Honors students are recognized only at the Winter Convocation using the following guidelines:
- Students attending WCC on a part-time basis must have earned a minimum of fifteen (15) credits over three (3) specific semesters.
Students must have a grade point average of 3.8 or higher for any of the three specific semesters. "P" and "S" grades are not used in the GPA calculation.
Questions about Honors Convocation? Contact Jennifer Nakhleh at 734-677-5123 or email.