February 18, 2020 Bethany Kennedy
You can now use your iPhones and Android phones to access the WCC library catalog.
A smartphone connection will allow you to:
- Search the catalog to find out the availability of library resources
- Email citations or save citations to a list
- Search book award lists
- Review My Library account
- Renew library loans
Follow these simple steps to establish your iPhone connection:
1. Download the free app, BookMyne (by SirsiDynix), from the App store to your iPhone.
2. Search for Washtenaw Community College Library and make it one of your libraries.
3. That’s all there is to it. You’re ready to go.
For Android phones, download the free BookMyne app from Google Play.
When you retrieve an e-book from the library catalog, you might not be able to read it directly on the BookMyne app. Use the Bluefire app instead to read the e-book by following these instructions:
To download an Ebook Central e-book to your iPhone or Android phone:
- Download the free Bluefire reader app from the App store or Google Play on your phone.
- Open the Bluefire reader on your phone and follow the instructions to create a free Adobe ID to authorize the use of the reader.
- Point your phone browser to the Bailey Library's Ebook Central site.
- Search for an e-book and click Full Download.
- Follow screen instructions to log in with your WCC netID and password, and click full download.
- Choose iOS or Android.
- Download your book.
- Read the e-book in the Bluefire reader on your phone.
If you have any questions, please contact the Bailey Library at [email protected].