February 18, 2020 Bethany Kennedy
What value are you getting out of the library? A 2013 outcome assessment study conducted by the Bailey Library and Institutional Research reveals the following:
- Every book you borrow is worth $45.00.
- Every e-book you view is worth $35.00.
- Every print journal you read is worth $140.00
- Every e-journal search you do is worth $0.25.
- Every media item you view is worth $120.00.
- Every time you seek research assistance is worth $15.00.
- Every library workshop you attend is worth $50.00.
- Every hour of use of a group study room is worth $25.00.
- You will persist academically more from one semester to the next if you use library resources than if you don’t.
- Your cumulative GPA and semester GPA tend to be higher if you use library resources than if you don’t.
- Your chance of scoring a C- or above in a course will be higher if you attend research instruction for that course than if you don’t.