Washtenaw Community College is providing a limited number of free laptops to support enrolled students who are impacted by classes shifting to an online format due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Students are required to meet the following criteria and eligibility requirements to request and keep the laptop:
- Enrolled half-time (6 or more credits) as a degree-seeking student for Fall 2020 semester. Enrollment status will be determined after the refund deadline for the course session.
- Successful completion of Fall semester classes under the Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines (completion of 67% of attempted credits with minimum 2.0 GPA).
- Have not received a CARES grant for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Be enrolled half-time (6 or more credits) as a degree-seeking student for the Winter
2021 semester. Enrollment status will be determined after the refund deadline for
the course session.
- Exceptions will be made for students graduating in Fall 2020
Laptops are limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to students meeting the Fall 2020 enrollment criteria. Laptops will be shipped directly to the student's residence beginning September 14, 2020. Warranty and technical support will be provided by Dell. Each laptop will have instructions detailing Dell support and how to access college software resources.