Welcome to WCC! As a new student, your academic success starts with meeting your WCC Success Team. Your WCC Success Team is your designated "go-to" team that can assist you with any questions and help keep you on the right path, for the entirety of your academic career.
Now that you are officially a WCC student, you will want to meet with an Academic Advisor before you register for your classes. An Academic Advisor will help you select your classes and review your overall program plan.
Please note: During peak periods, which are generally before the semester begins and when registration opens, we ask students to meet with an advisor using the Drop-In option.
Ways To Meet With Your Advisor
Virtual Drop-In Advising
- During our virtual drop-in advising you will be able to meet individually with an advisor who will guide you through your academic requirements.
- Drop-in advising is conducted in a Zoom video conference and it is highly recommended that you have a computer or tablet with a camera, microphone, and a reliable internet connection.
Virtual Drop-In Advising Hours:
Monday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Schedule An Appointment
- For your convenience, during low traffic times, we offer appointments Monday-Friday.
Talk With An Advisor By Phone
- You may also call 734-677-5102 to speak with an advisor over the phone.
- To maximize your advising meeting, make sure you are able to be in front of a computer.
- Be safe - please do not conduct your advising meeting while driving.
If you are a new F1 international student coming to WCC, you are required to attend a New International Student Orientation to learn about WCC, how to maximize your time with us and how to maintain your status.
- You can schedule your Orientation in your application checklist or you can call Student Connection at 734-973-3543
Currently, Advising appointments are offered as virtual Zoom/GoToMeeting sessions or phone calls. To schedule an appointment, you can email Devin Streur at [email protected] or you can call the Advising and Counseling Office at 734-677-5102.
If you are a new Veteran student coming to WCC, you are required to meet with the Veteran Student Advisor. More information related to Veteran and Military Students is available.
You can schedule your individual appointment online (select ‘Veterans using GI benefits’ as reason code) or you can call 734-677-5102
Currently, appointments are offered as virtual meetings or phone calls
If you are transferring to WCC from another college, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor to review your transfer credits and determine which courses are most appropriate for your degree plans.
- You can schedule your individual appointment online or you can call 734-677-5102
- Currently, appointments are offered as virtual meetings or phone calls
We encourage all new students to attend a live academic advising session but realize some students require flexibility. Can't make it? We understand. Take advantage of this pre-recorded session.