August 19, 2021 Washtenaw Technical Middle College
Dear WTMC families,
We continue to look forward to the return of in-person classes and want to update the WTMC community with the new COVID-19 safety protocols students and staff can expect on campus this fall.
Since our last message regarding the return to campus, the situation regarding the pandemic has changed and the more contagious delta variant has become the dominant strain circulating in the state. Working closely with WCC, and following guidance from the HDWC, we’ve leveraged the support and resources of the college campus to create a safe and meaningful experience for you..
Updated COVID-19 safety measures include:
- Universal masking while on campus. Everyone on campus will wear a mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Increased airflow in all classrooms. WCC has conducted extensive space and airflow audits of each classroom used by WTMC students.
- Frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
- HEPA filters in each classroom.
- Social distancing will be maintained by staff and students.
- Plexiglass dividers will be used between seats in classrooms.
- Students are required to report to the WTMC office or their BASE advisor if they test positive for COVID-19. Contact tracing will be conducted as appropriate.
- All students and staff will be encouraged and reminded to maintain healthy habits that stop the spread of any virus — handwashing, covering your cough or sneeze, not touching your face, and, most importantly, staying home when you are sick, even if you are fully vaccinated.
WTMC is committed to providing the safest possible learning environment by mitigating the risk of potential spread of COVID-19. The best way to protect one another is to get vaccinated. WCC and WTMC strongly encourage and support vaccinations. Walk-in vaccine clinics are widely available in Washtenaw County or at a vaccination site near you.
Thank you and stay safe,
Karl Covert, Ph.D.
Dean / Superintendent
Washtenaw Technical Middle College