Part-Time Faculty Commons and Resources
The Part-Time Faculty Commons is a one-stop resource center designed to promote student-to-instructor interaction and provide instructional support for part-time faculty. It is conveniently located on the first floor of the Crane Liberal Arts and Sciences Building in LA 178. Within the Commons, part-time instructors consult with students, prepare for class at computerized workstations, and access copying and word processing services. (Please note: WCC exclusively supports Microsoft Office.) The Commons provides an inviting atmosphere and gathering place for part-time faculty to consult with colleagues on instructional matters and access resources on effective teaching and learning practices. It also serves as a communication hub with message services and campus mailboxes for designated departments.
|Hours (Fall & Winter):|
|Monday to Thursday||7:15am to 9:00pm|
|Friday||7:30am to 5:00pm (Spring & Summer)|
|Saturday||8:30am to 12:30pm|
|Monday to Thursday||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Crane Liberal Arts and Sciences Building LA 178
ORIENTATION FOR NEW PART-TIME FACULTY
Orientation occurs at the beginning of every semester with informative presentations on WCC resources and services that benefit part-time faculty and their students. If somehow you missed the orientation and wish to attend the next one, contact:
Director Evening & Ext Svcs
- While on campus use "My WCC" web to access faculty web services
- Document preparation of class materials prepared by the excellent word processing staff. (WCC exclusively supports Microsoft Office.)
- Get answers to questions about the College's programs, services, and resources from knowledgeable Commons staff.
- Receive your college mail in your official college mailbox for designated departments
- After hours drop box is available outside of LA 176.
- In office copiers available for faculty to duplicate small copying jobs or drop off larger copying jobs for Campus Copy Center's pickup service. (Note: All copy jobs require a copy card, which may be requested from your department chair.)
- Send and/or receive electronic communications via e-mail or FAX.
- Check out one of the latest books on teaching or topics related to your area of instruction.
- Provide times of availability and contact information for your students.
- Use one of the 10 PCs or 2 Macs in the computer lab (Canon color scanner is also available with Adobe Photoshop Elements Software).
- Use the Student Pickup File to leave handouts, tests and other class materials.
- Submit your final grades via the web and pick up your final grade audit rosters.
Document preparation services are available for classroom materials such as syllabi, tests and handouts. To access these services, complete a word processing request form available in LA 178, attach the work and place in the "IN" basket. For further information call 973-3350.
|Monday to Thursday||8:00am to 5:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am to 5:00pm|
EVENING AND WEEKEND CLERICAL SUPPORT STAFF
In addition to the Part-Time Faculty Commons, clerical support staff is available to assist the part-time faculty in the following locations (dial only the last four digits when calling from on campus):
|Clerical Support Staff Locations:|
|Occupational Education Building||OE 102||734-973-3358|
|Technical and Industrial Building||TI 118||734-973-3535|
|Business Education Building||BE 200||734-677-5431|
|Gunder Myran Building||GM 300||734-477-8715|
|Monday to Thursday||5:00pm to 8:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to noon (Fall and Winter terms only)|