Enrollment Steps for F1-Visa Students
If you wish to take classes at WCC as an F-1 visa student, you must enroll full time and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours during the Fall and Winter semesters. Check out the F-1 Visa Student Packet for detailed information.
To enroll, simply complete these four steps:
- Apply for admission to WCC online. It’s quick and it’s free. We’ll send you an email when we receive your application, and another one with your student ID and next steps. If you’d rather apply in person, visit the Student Connection on the second floor of the Student Center building.
- Set up your netID account. This lets you access all online services at WCC.
- Complete your Application Checklist. To view it, log into the WCC Gateway, click on MyWCC, and click on My Checklist. Click on an item to get instructions for completing it. You must complete all items in your checklist before you are admitted and can register for classes.
- Finish enrollment at WCC’s campus. After you arrive at WCC, you must do the following before you can register for classes:
- Attend WCC’s F-1 in-person orientation
- Take the COMPASS assessment tests
- Provide verification of your visa status and copies of your electronic I-94
- Provide proof of medical insurance, including a medical evacuation and repatriation clause. You must maintain this insurance for the duration of your studies, and you must submit proof every semester.
Please note: if you are a guest F-1 visa student, please see details at the Enrollment Steps for Guest Students page.
Visit the Student Connection on the second floor of the Student Center building, contact International Student Admissions at 734-677-5148 or submit a question about F-1 Visa International Student Admissions. Regular hours for the office are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm, Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Office hours are modified during certain times of the year.
For academic advising, please contact International Student Services, which is located in Room 287 of the Student Center building. You can call them at 734-677-5158 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.