Tuition Rates and Fees
See the 2013-2014 tuition chart below for the tuition rate through July 31.
Register for Fall classes and make firm payment arrangements by July 31 to beat the tuition increase and get the tuition rate listed below. See the 2014-2015 tuition chart for the tuition rate as of August 1.
Tuition is based on your WCC residency status, except for Distance Learning classes. Distance Learning tuition is not based on residency status but is set at $103 per credit hour for ALL students. For information on residency status, refer to the Residency section.
To find out about discounted tuition for Work In-District status, Property In-District status, or the Scholarship for Out-District Students, refer to the Tuition Discounts page.
Fulfill your payment obligation by the Payment Deadline to keep your seat in class.
For an estimate of your out-of-pocket cost to attend Washtenaw Community College, try the Net Price Calculator.
2013-2014 Tuition Rate Chart (in effect through July 31, 2014)
The following table displays tuition on a credit hour basis. For total cost, add any other fees as well as the cost of books and supplies.
|Tuition Rate/Fee Chart
(Does not include $7 Technology/Enrollment Fee charged per credit hour)
|Number of credits||Distance Learning / Online Courses*||In District**||Out of District***||Out of country or state|
* The tuition for Distance Learning (COD) classes is not based on residency status.
** Work In-District and Property In-District are the same rate as in-district, but must be approved in advance.
*** Out-district students will receive a $20 scholarship for each credit hour they take at the Brighton or Hartland Center or any Livingston County class location, unless they already have the Work In-District or Property In-District rate.
Technology Enrollment Fee
This fee supports ongoing technical support for the classroom and defrays the costs associated with the enrollment process.
This fee is assessed per credit hour and applies to all credit classes. This fee will be refunded for any class dropped by the published Refund Deadline.
The following fees may apply to you. They are in addition to tuition and the technology/enrollment fee.
Contact Hour Fee
When the course includes contact with the instructor for more than the ratio of 15 hours per semester for each credit hour, students will be charged a contact hour fee of $5 for each additional contact hour, in addition to tuition and any other applicable fees. The contact hours are specified in the class listings and will be limited to no more than $300 per course.
- Late Add Fee: $25 per transaction
- Mandatory Fees: may apply to your class
- Delinquent Payment Fee: Students with account balances not paid or authorized by the due date will be placed on financial hold and charged a $25 per month delinquent payment fee. Their accounts will be turned over to a collection agency if the account is still not paid at 90 days past due.
- Student Photo ID (replacement only): $10
- Credit by Exam Fee: $25 per credit hour
- Payment Plan Enrollment Fee: $25
- Course Repeat Fee: $200 per credit hour for fourth try in addition to tuition
- Additional Contact Hour Fee:$5 per additional contact hour Max $300
Books and Supplies
Students may be required to purchase certain supplies and materials. These are available at the bookstore on the 1st floor of the college's Student Center Building. Books and supplies average $300 per semester for full-time students, but may be as high as $500 or more depending on course selections.