Objectives of Policy
- To confer trustee emeritus status to former WCC trustees in recognition of their contributions to the College.
- To offer privileges to former Board members as a means of keeping them affiliated with the College, maintaining a special relationship with them and expressing gratitude for their service to the College.
Criteria for Selection
The Board of Trustees will make decisions on conferring the designation of Trustee Emeritus on an individual basis. Former trustees who have faithfully discharged their duties will be considered for this designation. Length of service may be considered in making the determination. The designation of Trustee Emeritus will be announced in the form of a Board of Trustees resolution.
- Recognition by a Board resolution of emeritus Board status; presentation of framed resolution
- Standing invitation to annual commencement, with special seating privileges and recognition during commencement program
- Use of WCC Learning Resource Center materials
- Receive College publications such as the College’s Annual Report , College’s current community publication , etc.
- Assignment of a College email address for College communication and not to be used for personal business
Adopted: February 23, 1988
Revised: November 11, 1997
Administrative Review: May 2002
Revised: December 14, 2021