Quality, affordability and flexibility to fit your life!
We live in a world full of busy schedules and getting an education can’t be limited to the traditional schedule. We require flexibility and that’s what you get with WCC Online – 24/7 access. Don’t let anything hold you back from earning your certificate or degree. We have over 25 programs and more than 100 courses that you can complete 100% online. With quality instruction at an affordable price, there’s no better time to start your journey to a better future!
Whether you’re looking for a degree or certificate, skill enhancement, or courses that count for both high school and college, you’ll find the flexibility you need to achieve your goal.
Washtenaw Community College is the #1 Online community college in Michigan.
Ready for online learning?
Taking courses online is different from a traditional classroom setting, but if you’re motivated and focused on your goal, you’ll do just fine!
WCC Online offers many resources to support your education, including:
We're committed to your success.
In 2018, according to the Insider For Higher Learning, the national percentage of college students taking at least one online course was 34.7%. WCC’s was above average at 35%. WCC continues to be a leader in online learning, offering both quality instruction and affordability.
You can be successful at online learning! If you are motivated, have good time management skills, and are committed to seeing a task through, then online learning is likely a good fit for you!
At WCC we offer two formats for online learning. So, whether you require flexibility to complete assignments in the day, evening or weekends, or prefer a set schedule and a more collaborative and interactive environment, we can meet your needs.
Take our self-assessment to help you decide if online learning is a good choice for you.Begin the Assessment
Minimal requirements for taking course online:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (7 or higher)
- 4GB RAM (8GB RAM or more is highly recommended)
- Screen resolution set to 1280x1024
- Broadband/high-speed internet access speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Nearly all online coursework can be completed using a Chromebook
- Some specific programs may need a full Windows or Macintosh computer, such as computer science
- Our virtual proctoring service requires a Windows or Macintosh computer, however, students can visit a local testing center to complete exams
Here are a few best practices that you should commit to for online learning.
#1: Create a personal learning space.
The great thing about online education is that it can take place wherever life takes you. It’s important, though, to create a space where you’ll be free of distractions and avoid internet surfing, socializing, and personal to-do’s during online class time.
#2: Manage your time.
Good time management is a must for online education success. Students typically spend three to four hours per week for each credit hour of a course. For example, if you take a three-credit course, you will need to dedicate nine to twelve hours per week in total.
#3: Practice good study skills.
- Make a study schedule and stick to it
- Keep all materials (syllabus, course notes, etc.) in one place
- Know the best times for you to study
- Take short breaks if you feel you’re not absorbing the material
- Read course materials in advance, study lecture notes and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Schedule review sessions on your own or with classmates
Explore Online Academic Learning
We offer over 25 degree and certificate programs and more than 100 courses online. There are 2 formats to fit your needs:
Courses are accessible online 24/7, so you can learn during lunch breaks, when the kids are asleep, or any time that’s best for you.
Virtual classroom experiences are unique in design to allow students to engage in traditional class discussion in a virtual environment. Classes are scheduled at set times, just like in-person courses. Depending on your learning style, you may prefer this structured approach to on-demand courses.
Program Areas of Interest
View all our academic online programs to learn more.
- Accounting (APACCT)
- Accounting for Business (CTACCB)
- Administrative Assistant I (CTADA)
- Administrative Assistant II (CVAAST)
- Business Administration - Transfer (AABATR)
- Business Enterprise Basics (CTBUSB)
- Business Office Administration (APBOAD)
- Core Business Skills (CTBCS)
- Management (APMNGD)
- Management (CVMNGA)
- Occupational Studies (APOST)
- Retail and Business Operations (CTRBUS)
- Retail Management (APRM)
- Supply Chain Management (APSCM)
- Supply Chain Operations (CTSCO)
Tuition and Fees
Professional Development and “Fast-Track” Employment
Seeking skill enhancement or career transition? Take advantange of our non-credit training to learn skills to stay ahead of the competition.
Ranked #1 Community College in Michigan by schools.com
Ranked among the Top 10 Best Online Colleges in Michigan by Best Value Schools.
Ranked among the 50 Best Community Colleges in the country by AC Online.