In recognition and appreciation of the efforts of the College's faculty and staff, the Board hereby establishes "Emeritus Staff Status" for those employees of the College who meet the conditions and stipulations outlined below.
The title of "Emeritus" may be granted to a member of the Faculty, Administration, or Support Staff if the staff member has served the College with distinction for fifteen (15) or more years and has retired from the College.
All candidates shall be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Board of Trustees.
A person granted emeritus status shall, subject to any subsequent modification or termination of this policy, be entitled to receive the following:
- Restricted loans from Washtenaw Community College's Learning Resource Center and use of library materials on the premises
- Inclusion on the mailing list of the College’s current internal communication newsletter
- Standing invitation to commencement and other special events of the College
- Eligibility to serve as part-time emeritus faculty members subject to qualification, availability of courses, and appointment by the appropriate administrator.
- Assignment of a College email address for College communication and not to be used for personal business
A person granted emeritus status shall not be entitled to receive compensation or employee benefits by reason of the emeritus title. However, emeritus status shall not disqualify a person from accepting such part-time assignments as the College may from time to time require.
Adopted: February 18, 1987
Revised: June 23, 1992
Revised: November 11, 1997
Administrative Review: May 2002
Revised: December 14, 2021