To provide a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff when entering into and working within the Morris Lawrence Building.
Utilization Priority of the Firearms Range Policy (6040)
Firearms Range User Fee Policy (6042)
- The use of the Firearms Range will be controlled and regulated by the President's designee.
- Entry into the Morris Lawrence Building with firearms will be controlled by prerequisite procedures and firearms range rules.
- All Firearms Range use will be done under the direct supervision of a Washtenaw Community College Range Master.
- All firearms training must have at least one state certified firearms instructor or a federally certified firearms instructor on the firing line during an exercise.
- No person or police officer out of uniform will be allowed to enter the Morris Lawrence Building with a firearm that is not secured in a carrying case of legally concealed upon their person.
- No group, person, or policy agency shall be allowed to utilize the Firearms Range without:
- Prior approval from the assigned administrative office at least one week in advance
- Compliance with user guidelines
Adopted: June 12, 1990
Administrative Review: May 2002