Washtenaw Community College provides Internet accounts to designated members of the College community who remain in good standing and abide by the principles included in the WCC Computing Resources Usage Policy #8022.
- Account Holders
- Faculty and Staff: All full-time and part-time faculty and staff may receive Internet accounts for the duration of their employment at the College.
- Emeritus: Faculty and Staff: Former faculty and staff with Emeritus status may receive Internet accounts.
- Students: Full-time and part-time students may receive Internet accounts while they are enrolled in College courses.
- Trustees: Current and emeritus members of the Board of Trustees may receive Internet accounts.
- Community Members: At the recommendation of a WCC administrator, community members may receive guest accounts. Guest accounts are given to community members who are participating in collaborative projects or providing advice or other voluntary services to the College. Guest accounts will be terminated when the project, advisory committee membership, or other formal relationship has ended.
- For the purposes of this policy, an Internet account is understood to include e-mail, FTP, Telnet, World Wide Web, and other emerging protocol standards.
- For the purposes of this policy, a student is defined as one who is registered for WCC credit course(s). Students in non-credit course(s) may receive accounts if the course requires them.
- WCC Computing Resources Usage Policy #8022
- Emeritus Staff Policy #5045
- Trustee Emeritus Policy #2070
- It is clearly defined who the members of the College community are who will benefit from the privilege of having an Internet account.
- Account holders will benefit from the improved opportunities for communication, instruction, information seeking, information sharing, and collaboration which access to the Internet provides.
Approved: November 11, 1997
Administrative Review: May 2002