The Washtenaw Community College Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit organization having its own principal fund, managed by a Washtenaw Community College Foundation Board of Directors, and established to serve Washtenaw Community College. In addition to soliciting funds to support programs and services at the College, it will complement the activities of the Board of Trustees in advocating the importance of Washtenaw Community College to the communities it serves.
- The purposes for which the Corporation is organized are as follows:
- To operate and act exclusively for charitable and educational purposes for the benefit of Washtenaw Community College, an institution of higher learning located in the State of Michigan.
- To provide gifts and grants to Washtenaw Community College and to the students, faculty and staff thereof in furtherance of the educational purposes of Washtenaw Community College which is located in the State of Michigan.
- To receive and administer assets exclusively for the charitable and educational purposes specified above.
- To conduct any and all such activities and exercise any and all such powers as are necessary to the achievement of the foregoing and in furtherance of the purposes of the Corporation.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any activity not permitted to be carried on (a) by an organization exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended (the "Code"), or corresponding provisions of any subsequent Federal tax laws or (b) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c) (2) of the Code, or corresponding provisions of any subsequent Federal tax laws.
- No substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall be to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence legislation.
- The Corporation shall not participate in or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
Adopted:May 21, 1984
Under Consideration: 2002