May 28, 2020 WCC Marketing
The Washtenaw Community College Education Association WCCEA is proud to announce the creation of the WCCEA Faculty Union Cares Fund to support WCC students during the COVID-19 pandemic. Faculty know first-hand the challenges students face while earning their degree, certificate, or transferring to a four-year institution. The new fund will be managed by the WCC Foundation.
“The WCCEA created this initiative simply to help students,” said WCCEA President Dr. Julie Kissel. “We know students are having to decide between buying food or paying for unexpected emergencies and attending class. We want them in class.”
WCCEA faculty and others are encouraged to make gifts to assist WCC students who are experiencing emergencies and unexpected challenges such as:
- Food shortages
- Paying utility bills
- Paying medical expenses
- Paying other expenses
Facts About WCC Foundation Student Emergency Funds:
- The WCC Foundation has seen a 100% increase in students served compared to last year, and the number is expected to climb.
- Students can apply safely and confidentially.
- Funds are disbursed within 48 hours.
- Award amount: up to $500 per semester.
- Awards are paid directly to companies or vendors such as utility companies or car repair shops.
- Gift cards are provided to students to purchase groceries.
Those who are interested in donating may make a one-time gift or spread out their donation through payroll deduction.
Payment may also be made by check to:
4800 E. Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Giving Adds Up!
A $10 donation per pay period = $240/year
250 faculty x $100/donation = $25,000
Make an impact on a student’s life today.